Monday, February 27, 2012

The Making of "Jack"

On March 7th, 2012, Fully Visual and I will be releasing a new bronze sculpture of "Jack".
Inspired by my painting "Jacked" and the mythological "Jackalope", this sculpture attempts to blend my character design with the classic taxidermic presentation of the Jackalope (stuffed and mounted on a plaque).
Till its release, I'll be regularly presenting images of Fully Visual's process for casting the bronze.
This photo features wax versions of the sculpture. These sculpts will be used to form the plaster molds from which the bonze will be cast. Each bonze requires its own mold and its own wax "positive".
This process is very time consuming and requires the hands of an artisan. This is why we've decided to limit this bronze to seven pieces (and it compliments the March 7th release date, which also happens to be my birthday).

No comments:

Post a Comment