Thursday, June 7, 2012

Hungry (Munnyworld Kracka)

In May, 2012, I was invited to contribute a Munnyworld custom to "They Came From The Streets II" a show hosted by Urban Vinyl Daily. Since I had been working on a Kracka during my spare time, I thought this would be a great opportunity to showcase the finished piece.
When I started, the shape reminded me of a hippopotamus, which  then reminded me of the game "Hungry Hungry Hippos". This logic inspired me to paint it hippo grey. Then with a show name like "They Came From The Streets" coupled with my fondness for calligraphy, it only made sense that I would paint the words "Hungry" ye-olde-english style on the back… gangster style.


I finished it off with the classic hippo companion: a hippo bird. This was the first time I actually sculpted a character myself, and it was only when I was done did I realize it looked like an Angry Bird. Regardless, I think simple bird design suites the munnyworld shape nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment