Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Swab Barcelona

May 26th through May 29th, 2012 Shea Ziegler invited me to contribute a couple paintings to the Swab Art Fair in Barcelona. Being that the show was in spain, I was inspired to create a couple paintings with a bull/minotaur styled character.


 Carne
Acrylic + Ink
10" x 8"
2012

El Toro
Acrylic + Ink
14" x 11"
2012

"El Toro" or "The Bull" is inspired by my impression and understanding of bullfighting. The painting features six banderillas stuck in the bull's back & shoulders, and a matador's sword in it's heart (as is customary in a bullfight). Bullfighting is heated subject, with animal rights activists taking a stand against the sport. Personally, I don't have an opinion for or against it, probably cause I've never witnessed one, but I find the idea visual compelling, and worthy of exploration as a painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment