Thursday, May 17, 2012

Avengers Assembled

To commemorate the release of the first Marvel's Avengers movie, I was invited by Gallery 1988 to create a piece inspired by the comic book heroes. The movie features Black Widow, Captain America, Hawkeye, Hulk, Iron Man, Nick Fury, and Thor
THE AVENGER (ASSEMBLED)
Acrylic and Ink on Paper
9" x 12"
2012

For this painting, I simply assembled the trademark elements of each character. Black Widow's wristbands and pistols, Captain America's Shield, Hawkeye's bow & arrows, Hulk's green body, Iron Man's helmet and energy source, Nick Fury's eye patch, and Thor's hammer.
When discussing this painting, I jokingly say 'The act of assembling all these pieces into one character illustrates the idea of "teamwork" as seven characters become one "Avenger" :-P.' 
Upon further reflection, I hate to say it, but I actually agree with this assessment, despite how goofy it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment