Tuesday, November 8, 2011

"I Am Legion" Ashley Wood Custom

This November, I was invited to contribute to an Ashley Wood Custom show, "I am Legion"Artists were provided a "Bothead" to customize. The show was hosted by First Amendement Gallery, and runs from November 4th through December 4th, 2011.

I am Bearbot
Acrylic and Ink on Vinyl "Bothead"
Approx. 10" Tall
2011

 
When I looked at the Bathed, it felt like a collision of Steam Punk Robots with World War II sensiblities. And so, I did my best to capture these aesthetics. Specifically with the helmet, which was inspire the "jaw" of the Spitfire Mark II Tiger Shark.

I ended up spending a lot of my time working on the part of the sculpture that would probably be least featured: the bottom/neck. The neck featured elements that resembled a jumble of wires and springs, so I did my best to paint it as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment