Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Making of "Jack" Part 4

On March 7th, 2012, Fully Visual and I will be releasing a new bronze sculpture of "Jack".
Inspired by my painting "Jacked" and the mythological "Jackalope", this sculpture attempts to blend my character design with the classic taxidermic presentation of the Jackalope (stuffed and mounted on a plaque).
Till its release, I'll be regularly presenting images of Fully Visual's process for casting the bronze.


NOTE: Due to the response we've experienced for "Jack", we decided to increase the production number from 7 pieces to final total of 10.


 

With each sculpture, we've included a certificate of authenticity. Each certificate is personalized with a drawing of Jack. The image was first hand traced from the photo of the sculpt. I then redrew the drawing onto each of the 10 certificates and finished them with ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment