Saturday, March 24, 2012

No Goatse, No Glory

This Spring, I was invited to customize one of Nathan Hamill's "Bellicose Bunny" toys for his "Bellicosity" show at Toy Art Gallery.
For my custom, I started by separating the carrot/rocket from the bunny and trimmed off its bottom fins. After filling  and sanding any plugs and holes from both the rabbit and the rocket I then cut a whole into the bunnies rear and sculpted a sphincter with Epoxy Sculpt. I then filled the body with brass bb's and resin to keep the body from tipping over and finished by inserting the carrot into its newly formed "anus".
Its title "No Goatse, No Glory" is a pun of saying: "No Guts, No Glory"
For those not familiar with the word "Goatse", please click here.
"Bellicosity" runs from March 23rd through April 6th, 2012.



Just to clarify, "No Goaste, No Glory" is in no way intended to be a mallicious commentary about Hamill or his artwork. I consider Hamill a respected colleague and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment