Sunday, April 29, 2012

Coachella 2012



In April 2012, I was invited to create a t-shirt design for the Coachella Art & Music Festival and to also live paint in the Coachella Boutique. I've been to Coachella before in 2004 and the one thing I can't forget was the relentless desert heat. For my shirt I chose to illustrate my bear, grimacing, while exclaiming "DAMN IT'S HOT!".
For the live art portion, I choose to create a variation of the shirt design on to the 4ft x 4ft wood panels we were provided. I never fancied myself a competent live artist. I generally do things slow and methodically, and I'm easily distracted. But I'm happy to say this is my most successful live art creation to date. 



 Coachella : Fuck It's Hot
Acrylic on Wood Panel
48" x 48"
2012

The Coachella Boutique Live Artist lineup features Angry Woebots, The Beast Brothers, Dabs & Myla, Luke Chueh, Phil Lumbang, and Sket One.
On Saturday, May 12th, 2012 the six live art paintings will be sold at auction with all proceeds donated to a charity for the Raices. The event will be hosted by the Shag Store (725 N. Palm Canyon Drive, Palm Springs, CA 92262)


If you are unable to attend the auction and would like to bid on a piece, please contact jon@theglasshouse.us or call 714-396-3473

1 comment:

  1. Where can I buy one of your shirts on the 1nd weekend if Coachella?

    ReplyDelete