Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Art Basel Miami 2010 (Day 1)

This was my first Art Basel, and after this experience, it most definitely won't be my last. What I loved about the event was all the other events that went on around the Convention Center (where the actual Art Basel is held). There was definitely something for everyone, and the work ranged from the best of the unabashedly Underground, to the delightful antics of the Street Art Scene, to Mid-Career Contemporary, all the way to the Hoighty Toighty Blue Chippers.
Here's some pics of what I saw on my first day.

PULSEMarcel Dzama is never ceases to please me.

I call this one "Screwed by Christ"

Who would have thought there was anything "contemporary" about Dragon Ball Z?

The truth about religion

FRIENDS WITH YOU'S INFLATABLE CITY


SCOPE
Taxidermy Gone Wild

Me & Mao Representin'...
Jesse Yu and I, stating the obvious.

Bladers hate Skaters... why can't we all get along?

and we ended out first night out at
RETINA

No comments:

Post a Comment