Monday, December 27, 2010

Star Wars Commission

I generally don't take commission's (mainly due to the fact that the painting will probably never be seen in public), and on top of that, I really don't like taking requests, but this was for a friend and all that was asked was that I incorporate a "Star Wars" theme into the painting. Of course, Star Wars was a movie that I had grown up with and was truly inspired by. But on top of that, this friend was also responsible for the the Vader Project, where artists were asked in customize a life size Darth Vader helmet (unfortunately I hat to turn down the project because I couldn't come up with an idea I could feasibly execute), and Bwana Spoons' Spoonful of Star Wars. Coupled with their collection of other Star Wars themed paintings that had been collected and commissioned, I simply couldn't say 'no'.


Clumsy Jedi (My Name is Luke)
Acrylic and Ink on Wood Panel
11" x 14"
2010

No comments:

Post a Comment